Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I got this scripture and short explanation today from someone with whom I've talked at great lengths with on this subject. This was awesome and eye-opening for me. What I see is , the truth is the truth regardless of who believes in it and who doesn't. The truth just is and it doesn't rely on belief for its existence. It IS not relative to our own personal belief system. It just is. Truth is truth. Period.

here ya go,

In my study I came across these scriptures and I thought I would share:
I Corinthians 4:4 My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me. 5Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait till the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of men's hearts. At that time each will receive his praise from God.


Paul is proving the point that we have talked about on many occasions. Just because your conscience is clear does not mean you are innocent. Or just because your "convictions" are not as mine are does not give you a scapegoat to sin. Many people have had their conscience seared because they chose to override it and not listen to the truth of God's word. So our convictions mean nothing unless they are in line with the Word of God.

No comments: